Last Updated: February 15, 2012
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you register to use the Services, make a purchase, send us an email or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, gender and any other contact or demographic information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect on our Services.
We may also automatically collect information when you access or use our Services. For example, we may collect your unique device ID, device type, application version, operating system version, browser type, language settings, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, the website you visited before navigating to our Services and information about the way you use our Services.
Web Beacons. We may also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information collected through the Services for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- aggregate points accrued towards benefits and promotions;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- process your requests or transactions and deliver products to you;
- request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Services;
- monitor and analyze usage, trends and activities in connection with the
- send you news and information about events, activities, offers, promotions, products and services offered by Mahoot or third parties that we think will be of interest to you; and
- link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through the Services with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you through the Services. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with merchants for the sole purpose of delivering the products you purchase through our Services;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Mahoot or our agents, employees, users and others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, financing, merger or sale of all or a substantial portion of our business, with or to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We take measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving emails from Mahoot by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations. You may also request changes to your contact preferences and the personal information you have provided by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.